We can provide specialist legal advice to landlords and tenants of residential properties on a range of litigation matters from rent arrears to dilapidations. In many cases, seeking expert legal advice early can offer the best chance of achieving a cost-effective and favourable outcome. Our experience in resolving residential landlord and tenant disputes includes a referral to a mediation or arbitration service where appropriate.
Disputes we deal with:
- Regaining possession/giving notice to a tenant using Accelerated Possession proceedings
- Failure by a tenant to pay rent or to break other terms of the tenancy
- Conducting property repairs with a tenant in occupancy
- Service charge disputes
- Dealing with complaints regarding property defects and where the responsibility lies in terms of resolution
- The conflict between neighbouring tenants