Our fees cover all of the work outlined below, including dealing with registration at the Land Registry and dealing with the payment of stamp duty land tax (SDLT).
How long will the process take?
The average process takes between 6-10 weeks. It can be quicker or slower, depending on the parties in the chain. For example, if you are a first-time buyer, purchasing a new build property with a mortgage in principle, it could take anything from 6-18 weeks. It is generally going to be a quicker process if you are not involved in a chain. However, if you are buying a leasehold property that requires an extension of the lease, this can take significantly longer, between 8 and 12 months, and additional charges would apply
What Services are Included
The precise work and stages involved in the purchase of a residential property vary according to the circumstances and typically include:
- Ordering searches deemed necessary in respect of the property
- Checking the results of the searches together with the Contract and supplemental information provided by the Seller.
- Obtaining all documents necessary to prove title and other relevant papers such as Planning Permissions and Guarantees.
- Preparing a report on your purchase covering all the above matters and going through these with you.
- Checking the source of funds.
- Preparing the Transfer Deed and obtaining your signatures to these documents together with the Contract.
- Exchanging Contracts with the Seller’s solicitors.
- Preparing a completion statement in readiness for completion.
- Completing the Report on Title.
Our fees cover all of the work outlined below, including dealing with registration at the Land Registry and dealing with the payment of stamp duty land tax (SDLT)
|Local authority, drainage, water, environmental search
|£180 - £200
|Coal Authority Search
|Land Registry Search
|£2.90 per person
|I.D. and Money Laundering Check
|£4.80 per person
|fee dependent on valuation of property
|HM Land Registry Registration fee
|Dependent on valuation of property